Purina Ultium Competition Horse Formula 50 lb
- Sustained Energy System® – A unique blend of three fuel sources to provide a steady level of highly digestible energy: soluble carbohydrates, fats and fermentable fiber. A horse that is mentally focused, controllable and manageable has the best chance of winning.
- Targeted Nutrition Delivery System – Quickly transports repair nutrients where they’re needed most. Unique amino acid profile and top-quality fuel sources replenish glycogen and protein stores in muscles to assist in muscle repair with less muscle fatigue for faster bounce back, competition after competition.
- Nutrient and Energy-Dense – Supports prolonged stamina and endurance while maintaining the equine athlete in peak competitive condition. Less feed is required for maintenance of body condition when compared to feeds with lower energy density, helping prevent digestive upset.
- Reduced Starch, Higher Fat – May help reduce the risk of colic and other digestive disturbances that can occur when feeding large quantities of grain.
- Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget – A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran smooths the glucose and insulin response to dietary starch and sugar, leveling out blood sugar levels for a pronounced calming effect.
- Precise Amino Acid Profile – For optimal muscle performance and recovery. Promotes muscle tone and a strong top line.
- Highly Fermentable Fiber – Metabolized in the hindgut, providing slow-releasing energy and preserving muscle glycogen. Anecdotal evidence in field tests also indicates Ultium® Competition Horse Formula may be beneficial for horses that have a tendency to tie up.
- Balance of Vitamins and Minerals – Including B-Vitamins, Iron, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium: blood-building nutrients that help optimize red blood cell production and increase oxygen capacity in exercising horses. The proper balance of Calcium and Phosphorus promotes stronger bones.
- Added Antioxidants – Including Vitamins E, C and Selenium help address the negative effects of free radicals and support a strong immune system.
- Concentrate Feed – Designed to be fed with hay or pasture.